There’s more to workplace violence than mass shootings and national tragedies. You may think these things could never happen in your office, but the truth is, violence at work occurs each day and in many forms. And most of them don’t even make it to national media.
Alert employees to the less newsworthy but equally damaging forms of workplace violence, such as threats, intimidation, harassment, bullying, and domestic abuse. Workplace Violence: Looking out for Each Other provides a broader understanding of violence and helps your employees:
- Prevent violence by “looking out for each other”
- Identify the sources and causes of workplace violence
- Understand the impact of violence on morale and productivity
- Spot warning signs, including the types of threats
- Defuse potentially violent situations through “compromise, collaboration, and avoidance”
- Report potentially violent incidents before they escalate.